Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ten Dollar Challenge #3: Concealer (again!)

Hello all!

For this first comparison I will review 2 concealers of which I found for under $10AUD. You know the drill so lets get into it!



Covergirl Invisible Concealer in Light, $9.95 AUD.
Texture: 
Soft and not too liquidy which was easy to blend by patting with a finger. 
Coverage: 
There are only two colour choices in this range, which meant that although it covered well, the fact it was a bit dark for my skin tone meant there was no way I could wear this without foundation over the top. It has a medium coverage. The major downside to this concealer oxidized like crazy. Considering there were only two colour choices this was just way too dark for me in the end. Even with fake tan on I think this will be too dark, so fair skinned people beware. 
Lasting Power: 
This lasted all day on me when used with a setting powder.
Overall: 
This would only work on very specific skin tones, as it changes colour dramatically after a small amount of time. Not worth the 9.95 it costs. 




Essence Match 2 Cover, $4.25 AUD.
Texture: 
Creamy, but almost a bit sticky. 
Coverage: 
The coverage is really goes under the eyes, and goes okay over spots as long as they aren't super red. It only comes with one shades, with two tones of concealer to be mixed and matched. I only used the pale side, so I think this would only work out for very pale to medium skin tones. 
Lasting Power: 
This didn't last amazingly, but with a setting powder it will hold out enough to get you through an eight hour day. 
Overall: 
This would be great for beginners or those who want a cheap concealer. You get what you pay for, so if you have really problematic skin I am not sure this will cut it. For everyday makeup though this is a great affordable choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment