Saturday 14 December 2013

Brand Blurb #9: Origins

Hello blog world!

Here we again with part 9 of the series, I am quite excited that I managed to stick with it for this long... although I think my brand knowledge is running out. Name any brands you would like me too review down below!




"Powered by Nature. Proven by Science."

Lets move on to the products!

***


Best Products: 

Make a Difference Plus Rejuvenating Treatment: $59
This night cream/moisturizer actually saved my skin. About two and a half year ago my skin went through a crazy dry phase, I decided enough was enough and I was going to get a skin regime that worked. I went into Mecca and they sold me this. It literally turned my severe dryness around in about 3 days. My skin have never been dry since. I used this every morning and night for about 6 months, then went to every night, and now only use it every other night as my skin is doing great on its own. Seriously a staple if you have dry skin!

Worst Products: 

Zero Oil Purifying Toner: $29
I don't think this is by any means a terrible toner, however it just wasn't right for me. For one it has alcohol in it, which I really don't like. Second of all, although it was probaby doing a great job of balancing my ph levels out, I just didnt see any instant results. I could be stupid for thinking that a toner should help, but I just felt like the tingly feeling it left my skin should have at least minimized pores over time, otherwise it is a bad tingle. I don't have overly oily skin most of the time so that could be why this didn't work. I think this is more of a bad recommendation from my sales assistant, rather then being a bad product. 

In-between Products:

A Perfect World Deep Cleaner: $32
I have only been using this for a short time and its going okay. My skin hasn't been too bad since I got back from Japan, so I am not sure if it this cleanser or the fact I use my Clarisonic. What I can say is that this does go great with my Clarisonic. It doesn't foam up very much, which is probably best for my combination/sensitive skin.  The smell is pleasant, it is priced right, and it doesn't have any nasty chemicals, so it goes alright in my book. When I finish off the tube I will be able to say for sure whether I will repurchase it. 

GinZng Refreshing Eye Cream: $45
This is a great eye cream for the mornings, it depuffs and brightens as it claims, looking like a very shimmery foundation in the pot. However I don't feel it is quite hydrating enough for the night, and the shimmer is most definitely pointless at night. Having two eyecreams isn't ideal as I am pretty lazy, but I think with this products you have to. 

***

One of my favourite brands for skincare of all time. They are sulfate free and generally cater towards sensitive skin. However I haven't tried too many products, and although I want to, my wallet wont allow it. I'm slowing testing things out, and 9/10 they succeed my expectations, so I cant wait to get my hands on more (next stop the overnight hydrating mask!)

No comments:

Post a Comment