Saturday 19 October 2013

Brand Blurb #2: Aveeno

Hello people of the blog community!

This is a review on Aveeno Active Naturals. I will discussing the brand, products I like and products I dislike.

Here is a photo of my current two products, a lot have been used up recently!





First off here a bit of information on the brand:


Aveeno is a manufacturer of skin care products, with the name derived from the scientific name Avena sativa, the common oat. Aveeno was founded in 1945, and its first product was their Soothing Bath Treatment, which is now known world wide. Aveeno is known for its use of "active natural" ingredients and and has been recommended by doctors for 60 years. Aveeno is very accessible, with products available in supermarkets and pharmacies world wide. 

Now lets jump into the products! 

(NOTE: all prices are rough estimates, it depends on which store you purchase the products from)

***

Best Products: 

Positively Radiant Daily Mosituriser SPF15: $19.99 per 75ml
This is my holy grail of moisturizers  I always go back to this, not only because it has SPF but because I love the texture of it. It sort of feels like a sunscreen which I like, but not greasy or with a strong smell. I use this as well as a facial sunscreen (preferably 30+) and my skin feels soft and well hydrated. I would not recommend this as a night time moisturizer  mainly because the SPF is unnecessary  I also have quite dry skin and like to use a thick night cream. I also avoid using this if I am going to have photos taken, although I am yet to actually test whether it leaves a white cast. Overall I LOVE this moisturizer and think everyone in the world needs it, no matter what your skin type. 

Insentive Hand Cream: $9.99 per 100g
This will give you baby bottom soft hands. I almost always use Soap and Glory's Hand Food, but this a a great cheap one to keep in the handbag, because the Travel size of Hand Food is almost the same price and not even half the size. Smells okay and sinks in quickly. Overall a good staple for the handbag. 

Worst Products: 

Positively Radiant Cleanser: $13.99 per 200ml
This cleanser was just way too liquidy for me. I Think I would be okay to use now that I have a Clarisonic, but at the time it was pain to use up the whole bottle as I always ended up with cleanser all over the place. That being said, it may not be a sink product, but in the shower it is nice for a gentle but effective clean. No miracles happened after I used this, but my face was clean and my wallet was happy. I don't like products that cant be used both over the sink and in the shower so this is a miss for me. 

In-between Products:

Skin Brightening Daily Scrub: $13.99 per 100g
This is not quite as abrasive as I like in a scrub but it gets the job done alright. The smells is a little soapy for me, but it is a nice gentle scrub. I have a full review and comparison of the product here.

Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser: $13.99 per 177ml
This cleanser is very gentle to use, and foams up easily. It didn't strip my skin and is great if you are going through a sensitive phase.  It doesn't work well with a Clarisonic, but is fine for use both other the sink and in the shower. Overall a great basic cleanser, but you could easily find one very similar and a lot bit cheaper if you tried hard enough

***

I do not think Aveeno gets the hype it should be. For one you can almost always buy the products on special, or get them in a deal. I think some price-points are a little high, but the quality is there so I just need to man up about spending my hard earned cash. 

With any brand there are hit-and-miss products, but the moisturizer will remain in my skincare routine forever. So next time they are on special pick up a few things and see how you go, I am certain you will love them as much as I do.


All products can be found at your local Target, Woolworths, Priceline Pharmacy or the likes.

That is all lovely people! Talk soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment